Tuesday, March 13, 2012


Anti ageing products are something that will remain a mystery to me until I am at stage where I can experiment for myself. Whilst I was walking to university yesterday I overheard two girls talking saying 'how do you even know if anti ageing creams work, by the time you're 45 you won't even know if the hundreds of pounds you spent on them actually made a difference.' Obviously hearing this got me thinking into our current 'on demand culture.'  How we have numerous products so readily available we need to see instant results or we will assume products don't work, and move onto the next one. Being a major victim of this with many products, such as, when Clinique came out with Even Better Dark Spot Corrector, which recommends you use for 12 weeks.  After 6, I had seen no improvment whatsoever, was so disapointed and ended up giving up on that product. Enter products with instant results. 

Rodial, a brand known for creating many triumph products. Recently I spent some time at the Rodial counter learning about their range. Three products I had my eye on were, Dragon's Blood Sculpting Gel, Glamoxy Snake Mask and their Brazilian fake tan range - but more on fake tan at another time. Not being the appropriate age to try anti ageing products myself I purchased them as gifts for my mother, who has always been my product guinea pig when I seek her seal of approval. Putting the attractive names aside, these products seem to have created quite a hype, mainly because of revoluntionary ingredients. So here's the break down...


Dragon's blood Sculpting Gel
Ingredients to note:
Dragons Blood - the red sap of the rare ‘sangre de drago’ tree, found in Yemen, contains anti-inflammatory properties and works  to produce a protective film on the skin whilst protecting against environmental damage
Collageneer -  Stimulates and increases the natural collagen, a protein in the body that supports body tissue, production and synthesis providing plumper skin
Volufiline™ - increases fatty deposits in the skin to and plum sagging skin
Commipherolinereduces the appearance of wrinkles and improves tonicity and elasticity of the skin

Meaning: the anti-inflammatory properties repair the skin, increase the amount of collagen, which provides the skin with more elasticity, all together causing plumper skin. 

Glamoxy Snake Mask
Ingredients to note:
Fiflow BTX (oxygen carrier) - encourages cell respiration to fill and plump the skin, whilst adding instant radiance.
Proturon - provides instant 3D plumping effect, and redensifies and moisturises the complexion
Ronasphere - helps fade fine lines and imperfections and corrects skin tone
Pomegranate Ellagic Tannin - provides powerful antioxidant protection




Thanks to the Rodial team that have have kindly shared their results from testing Dragon's Blood Sculpting Gel we can see what they show:
-Trail volunteers saw a increase in skin elasticity by 92% in 3 months
-Trail volunteers saw a reduction in skin sagging by 72% in 3 months
-Skin is dramatically defined and volumized
-Skin is firmer around jaw line and cheek bones with improved tonicity


The main question is with all these fancy ingredients, big price tags & the huge hype around the products, is - do these products do what they are supposed to & will they make a difference? Obviously each skin is different so I would recommend trying them out for yourself, but I will say that on my mum, I did notice the difference after one application of Dragon's Blood Sculpting Gel. The difference was biggest after the first use, with her cheeks plumper, younger & more fresh. 


 Available from many department stores, Space NK & Rodial. See stockists here





filed under: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment