Friday, January 4, 2013


Something about the cold weather, crisp air and rosy cheeks makes candle lighting an absolute pleasure. Not that it isn't a pleasure all year round, even in the midst of Summer you'll find a candle burning somewhere in the LB household. However, Winter makes me want to light the lot of them and let their scents fill up every room in my house, and let me tell you, there isn't a complaint to be heard - it smells bloomin' incredible. 

My favourite would be the far left, Caudalie. Unfortunately for myself these were a Christmas gift set special and so gets save for über special occasions. Think the scent of Divine Oil in candle form - heavenly. 

Neom Organics are one of my favourite candle brands - big three whicked candles, lasting scents and don't produce harmful soot (trust me that's important if you're falling asleep with a candle in the room - cue black nostrils!). Complete Bliss smells like a garden of roses as well as being such a peaceful scent - original rave here

The most budget friendly out of the bunch would be Muji Jasmine & Black Olive Candle. Stored in cute little tins with potent smells that easily fill up a room, layered with Jasmine Pear is the perfect combination. 

My two seasonally appropriate candles are Diptyque and Country Candle in Plum Pudding. Where to even begin with Diptyque Amber Oud. Part of their christmas limited edition collection, Arabian Nights, that smells warm and earth with an amber kick.  The second, Plum Pudding was a gift from my friend Claire, after watching me time after time hang out in her kitchen, nosed pressed to candle, she kindly picked one up for me. The only problem is it smells so delicious I get slightly hungry...Belated Christmas pudding anyone?

0 comments:

Post a Comment