Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Good afternoon beauties,


just a quick one from me, wondering what your thoughts are...


Having read so many great reviews, today I am testing out Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation.
I have pondered about changing my foundation for a couple of weeks now. I currently wear Chanel Vitalumiere in shade 20. I'm not sure if my skin has changed, or is just going through a bad phase... but I've gone off the way this looks on my face. A little too dewy, and generally just shiney I think. I'm a tad upset about this as it's been my holy grail foundation for so long now, and I find it so hard to find the perfect foundation.


So off I toddled off to The Garden Pharmacy, and I picked up a cute mini sample of this Estee Lauder foundation in shade "Ecur". I have to say, the lady on the counter was extremely unhelpful... she even told me to pick my own shade. I'm aweful at doing this... I didn't even have my old foundation with me to match up with. So, concequently I do think this shade is a little too pale for me, perhaps that's why I am uncertain of it... but hey, better than being too orange right?!
estee-lauder-foundation.jpg


good points
It is pretty long-wearing make-up and stays fresh. It literally hasnt budged since 7.30 this morning, 9 hours so far with no need to re-apply or use powder.
It gives amazing coverage. I'm running out of concealer at the moment, so I couldn't apply much. This foundation meant that wasn't a problem, it's pretty much flawless.
Application is smooth, and it's easy to get even.
There are quite a range of colors.


bad points
I think it's a matt finish. I was hoping it would be a little dewier. I Love the dewy look, I know I have said this a billion and one times, but personally, this is the look I would always want for my face. I hate the matt look. HATE IT.
I feel abit cakey, I'm very aware of it on my face. Perhaps because I've been used to wearing a more liquidy formula by Chanel. I don't think this is very lightweight at all.


I know some of you are probably thinking it's way to soon to summerise a product after using it for only one day, but having read so many glowing reviews, I am dissapointed with my initial reaction, I expected it to be love at first sight. It retails at £26.50, which is cheaper than my regular foundation. I'm not sure weather to splurge on the whole bottle yet, I think I'll try it out for a few more days and then re-evaluate.


Have any of you ever tried Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation?
If so, what did you think?
Can anyone reccomend a foundation that gives good coverage but is also dewy?


Xx
P.s I'll add some photo swatches when I get home, possibly not a full face, not looking my best today :(
filed under:

0 comments:

Post a Comment