Friday, March 9, 2012



I recently attended a Make-up Masterclass held at Harvey Nichols by the wonderful Trish McEvoy. Trish McEvoy is a makeup artist from New York who is most well known for her makeup planner organising system & her innovative brushes.




Not being very familiar with a lot of Trish McEvoy products I was very much looking forward to going!

My Makeup Station!
Once I arrived I was greeted by my personal makeup artist for the afternoon and taken to our station to be shown the entire makeup, skincare & perfume range!








Trish, at the front of the class, did the makeup on a model step by step, followed by the makeup artists doing one side of my face & me doing the other. At the end of the class Trish went round & guessed who did which side!




Trish kindly shared tons of fantastic tips! Some that stood out to me were...
-One should cleanse their face 10 times a day! (I had actually never heard this before! If anyone does do this please let me know!)
-When using mascara push the wand into the lashes and wiggle upwards
-When filling in eyebrows never to the main focus at the front as it can make you look angry
-Always apply eyeliner before mascara




One of Trish's best items is her well known makeup planner, described as a 'portable makeup vanity', which has been on my wish list for a while. I was thrilled to find out that there was a limited edition makeup planner made especially for our class with the exact products we used to create our look! (I will do a full post on the makeup planners as they are sooo fabulous!)








Next time the lovely Trish Mcevoy is in London I would really recommend going to one of her classes or even better, buying a ticket for your mom or grandma, as her skincare is mainly aimed at mature skin.
The gorgeous Trish McEvoy & I!
I had a little chat with Trish at the end of the class & managed to get some of her favourite haircare products that she recommended so stay tuned for that post ;)


Thank You Trish McEvoy & Harvey Nichols for creating a very fabulous & informative event!

0 comments:

Post a Comment