Thursday, July 26, 2012



I've said it before but this time hopefully it's certain this time - summer is finally here in the UK! It's pretty hard for makeup to stay put in this heat, I do find myself constantly checking in my little mirror to ensure my makeup hasn't all slipped off. I've been finding the balance between powdering to set foundation in place and over powdering that can look cakey in sunlight. As well as ensuring I have a matt primer on at all times. For eyeshadow I've fallen back in love with my Estee Lauder Bronze Sands Palette which I wrote about here, as it's the perfect summer palette and gives eyes a little glow.



Clothes wise - this week I've been embracing the white as I'm a little more tanned than usual, this dress was a purchase of mine from Dubai a little while ago and the shoes are one of my favourite wedges from Balenciaga. Here I was running around enjoying the weather, attended a TOWIE fragrance launch and had some pimms in the sunshine!


Skin
- Like I mentioned, a mattifying primer went first - Estee Lauder Matt Perfecting Primer which I wrote about here
- My face always seems to tan slower than my body so to avoid my white face situation I applied a bronzing makeup base, my favourite has been Chantecaille Radiance Gel Bronzer followed by my tinted moisturiser, Chantecaille Just Skin in the shade Glow
- With that lighter coverage I like to apply a more full on concealer like Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer around my nose, under my eyes and on any blemishes
- For my cheeks I've been reaching for Sleek Contour Palette in Light just to define my cheekbones followed by 17 Blush in First Kiss (post here)

Eyes
- It's Estee Lauder Bronze Sands Palette kinda weather (post here) so the gold shade gets swept all over the lid with some brown in the crease and the palest shade in my tearduct
- A little black eyeliner with L'Oreal Superfine Eyeliner in Black followed by my latest mascara Lancome Hypnose Star (post here)

Lips
- As much as I've wanted to carry around a lipstick I know it will just melt in this heat so Revlon Colourburst Lipgloss in 024 Bellini it is instead!

Hope you're enjoying the sunshine! 
filed under:

0 comments:

Post a Comment