Tuesday, July 31, 2012


I love my hair curly, ringlets, waves, you name it. Just gives a little oomph to my hair making it look 'done' without actually doing too much. Something thats reached holy grail status for me is the Enrapture Encode Totem Styler!

What makes it special is the wand that's split into three independent heat zones each of which heats up to whichever setting you choose on the changeable dial. From 1 to 3, 1 being the coolest and 3 being the hottest. I've had a little play on a variety of settings to create different curls and different looks.
In the above pictures I've noted below the combination I used to create the look, my favourite has got to be 1 - 2 - 3 for a loose to tight curl.




If I want my curls to all look the same like in the picture below, I'll make sure to curl away from my face all in  the same direction but if I want them to look a little messier like in picture two below I'll alternate between curling towards and away from my face, like in this tutorial here

1 - 2 - 3
The more horizontal I hold the wand the tighter the curls are. I'll do a couple more tutorials on the multiple different ways I use this in future but for now I'm loving the numerous looks I can create as the Totem Styler is such a unique tool!

1 - 3 - 3
I've done a tutorial of how I use it on a day to day basis here, if you fancy a read of that. My usual routine normally starts with some sort of volumising mousse, TresEmme Heat Protector (post here) and finishes off with another volumizing spray, usually the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray (post here) or Ojon Volume Advance Volumizing Styling Spray (post here) and hold with a little hairspray.

It's normally £79.00 but until mid August there's a 1/3 off Enrapture products making it a bargain at £49.99. Available here !

Do you ever curl your hair? Have you tried anything from Enrapture?


filed under: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment