Wednesday, August 1, 2012


Last year I remember spending days of hours soaking up the suns rays with a minimal factor slapped all over myself only for my glowing skin to significantly decrease after stepping onto that heavily air-conditioned plane. Not to mention getting back to the cold weather in london. Being less of a sun junkie this year I've been slapping on a few extra products to help maintain my glow. 

Whilst I was still in Ibiza every evening I'de apply some after sun, Lierac Apres Soleil is my one of choice as it's very cooling, sinks into the skin really easily, smells amazing and hydrates dry skin. I do pick this up in France but have found it on Feel Unique here

Just before I got on the plane I slathered my skin in some good old Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula, Boots do some really handily mini bottles and this being under 100ml means it was perfect for travelling. It kept my skin hydrated throughout the flight as well as had me smelling like a yummy chocolate      ;)

Right so the tricky bit, after a couple of days skin starts peeling, looking a day flakey and dry and just generally looking a tad lifeless. That's where the big guns come in, I've been reaching for Clarins Moisture Rich Body Lotion which was a free gift with purchase but I'm definitely considering buying the full bottle. It feels super luxurious on the skin and the formula is very rich and nourishing. Another product I've been loving is Neal's Yard Wild Rose Body Elixir, which is really wowing me at the moment so be prepared for a product rave coming your way soon! It's unlike anything I've ever tried before but in a nutshell is an intensely hydrating body cream.

If I'm going on I'll apply some St Tropez Skin Illuminator in Rose, which isn't sticky, sinks in immediately and adds a lovely glow to the skin, just to give it that extra bit of colour. 

So that's everything I've been religiously applying to try and maintain my tan before my next holiday! 
What are your favourite products for maintaining a tan?

0 comments:

Post a Comment