Wednesday, July 25, 2012


Previous posts here, such as Mascara Mixing, indicate the lack for finding 'the one' when it comes to mascara. The closest I've ever gotten is Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill which does an excellent job at lengthening and volumizing and has a similar brush to my latest purchase, Lancome Hypnose Star.

The brush is something very unique as it has two sides as well as being triangular shaped. One side that's practically flat, with medium length packed bristles which is for packing all the product onto the lash, being able to get right down to the root. The other side, with medium packed long bristles is made for separating and lengthening lashes. For application I use the flat side first then alternate between the two.


The overall effect isn't too dramatic, definitely a mascara I would slap on in the day time as it adds decent length and volume. It's pretty buildable, I managed to build up to three or four coats but I expect once the formula dries up a little that will grow. One thing it does lack a little is adding thickness, so I'm back with layering mascaras and this time I found L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black to be a great match! Overall very impress with my first Lancome mascara. Oh, and it also has a sparkly tube      ;)

Lancome Hypnose Star is £21 

Have you ever tried any Lancome mascaras? What did you think?





filed under: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment