Wednesday, July 25, 2012


After returning home from a pretty hectic holiday I've caught up on some much needed sleep this week, as well as giving my skin some TLC. I've made a little box by my bed of beauty essentials that I apply before sleeping and let them work their magic overnight, a couple of skincare bits, some haircare and some generally useful night time products. 

Before I go to bed I take care of my hands, Neal's Yard Nail Balm is applied to my cuticles as well as Balance Me Super Moisturising Hand Cream, both of which smell very herbal and relaxing - perfect for pre-sleep! The Balance Me Hand Cream is really rich, nourishing and does take some time to sink in so I like to give myself a little hand and cuticle massage just to work the products in. For my lips I slather on Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm For Lips which I wrote about here, I think I'm on my third tube of the stuff, it's that good. Really moisturising and will solve any dry lip problems in a matter of hours.

I then apply an overnight eye cream, Lierac Anti Fatigue, which I haven't noticed a drastic difference while using but it feels very soothing on the skin as well as making my eyes look less drained the next morning. If there are any blemishes I reach for Aesop Chamomile Concentrate Anti Blemish Mask which gets dots on overnight for a significant decrease in redness and size. They don't totally disappear but every little helps! I then spritz my pillow in some This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray and cover my eyes in my Holistic Silk Eye Mask, both of which smell of lavender and are completely relaxing and off I drift. 

There's only one thing I do in the morning when my eyes need a bit of rescuing and that's as soon as I wake up, some cotton pads are covered in Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion and left on my lids for about five minutes. 

Do you have an evening beauty routine? What do you reach for?


0 comments:

Post a Comment