Tuesday, July 24, 2012


I've been hoarding these empty bottles for a while and finally collected a good few to give you a little overview on if I would repurchase them or not...

Caudalie Gommage Crushed Cabernet Scrub
This was a little too gritty for my skin and didn't manage to help remove fake tan, which is why I use scrubs in the first place! It didn't leave my skin feeling particularly smooth or soft and left little bits on the bottom of my shower.
Overall: No

Dermalogica Body Hydrating Cream
Took me a while to finish this big tub and for that reason I wouldn't repurchase it purely because I like to be able to try other things out. It had a very herbal scent which I liked, felt extremely light and wasn't too much of an intensive moisturiser. It's has a small but crucial thing that all moisturisers should have - a pump. I love knowing how many pumps it takes to moisturise parts of my body as well as not getting the bottle greasy while using it.
Overall: No

Soap & Glory Scrub Of Your Life
It's no secret on here I absolutely adore the Soap & Glory Scrubs, they are fantastic at really getting rid of dead skin and especially amazing at getting rid of that last layer of fake tan. This one lathers up well and has a really fruity scent typical of all Soap & Glory products.
Overall: Yes

Caudalie Cleansing Water
I love cleansing waters for removing that first layer of makeup and Caudalie Cleansing Water is one of my favourites, right up there with This Works Clean Skin 5 in 1 Water as it's really nourishing, refreshing and removes makeup like a breeze. The only problem is I do tend to make my way through this pretty quickly...
Overall: Yes

This Works Clean Skin 5 in 1 Water - link to post here
Does pretty much the same thing as Caudalie Cleansing Water but is slightly more effective at removing eye makeup and the ingredients are more natural. The pump is fantastic for soaking a cotton pad too!
Overall: Yes

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray
I don't think I'll ever be without this stuff! It works absolute miracles on getting volume in my hair so easily, without it feeling too gritty. Full post here
Overall: Yes

Method Handwash
A bit of less glamourous product but one that works incredibly well at something I find quite a difficult task...removing fake tan from my hands! After applying instant fake tan all over my body I do find it stains the palm of my hands quite easily, which is of course, a total teller. Method hand wash somehow manages to remove it so easily without me having to attack my hands with scrub and a cloth. Full post here
Overall: Already have      ;)

Dior DiorSkin Nude Foundation
Probably one of my top 5 foundations which I recently found out is being discontinued! I'm devastated! Hopefully they will bring out something better but in the meantime it's goodbye to the Nude!
Overall: No

Soap & Glory Some Like It Hot Body Scrub
Let me just say that no scrub has left my skin feeling so incredibly smooth, ever. (full post here)
Overall: Yes

Pai Camellia and Rose
I'm absolutely loving balm cleansers at the moment (link to post here) they are definitely my preferred way of makeup removal and the Pai was one of my favourites. Smells amazing, isn't harsh on the skin and removes makeup easily.
Overall: Yes

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner
I think I've purchased about three of these and ended up not even finishing one as they dry up so quickly before I can use it! Such a shame as it's a lovely eyeliner but I've managed to find a cheaper alternative from Maybelline (link to post here)
Overall: No

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment