Friday, August 3, 2012

Kerastase Elixir Ultime £34.50 for 125ml


Something I can't believe I haven't talked about on here before as I use it too much to justify is the Kerastase Elixir Ultime. That little sample is something that was very kindly given to my by my hairdresser after ooh-ing and ahh-ing as she used the oil on my hair post-blowdry about eight months ago. So here I am, half way through a travel size and full size bottle and here's why:


1) The scent - unlike any other sickening hair oil, very summery and floral, that is relatively strong so countacts any unpleasant scents my hair has picked up (yes, cigarette smoke I'm talking to you)

2) Taming frizz - suffering from it myself, I tend to lather my hair up in products that will calm my unruly locks. Pre-blowdry or post blow-dry this will tame it all, without making hair look greasy or overly oiled up, which brings me on to the next...

3) The texture - which has a light consistency, lighter than Moroccan oil and TresEmme, which makes applying product easy to control distributing the correct amount throughout my hair

4) Adding gloss - the ends of my hair is something I would describe as looking very dull and lifeless, Elixir Ultime brings some shine and gloss to my hair making it look more glossy

5) As a mask - I'm all for hair masks to counteract damage applying heat is doing. I apply a generous amount from roots to tips on dry hair and leave for around 20 minutes, followed by washing my hair. Taming all little static hairs, deranging and making styling an absolute breeze. 


So there you have it, a rave about my favourite hair oil of the moment - what a multitasker! Do you use hair oils? Any others I need to give a go?

0 comments:

Post a Comment