Wednesday, August 15, 2012


In winter the first part of my body that gets neglected are my legs, this of course is not appreciated when they're on full show throughout the other half of the year. When it does become time to get my pasty pins out they do need a bit of sorting, especially as they are the part of me that takes the longest to tan. I rely on a couple of products to help me achieve semi-decent looking legs, nothing too masking just to naturally enhance.

Firstly, I'll apply some fake tan, my all time favourite being Xen Tan Dark Lotion Absolute Luxe (post here) but if, like in the picture above, I hadn't previously fake tanned then instant one is what I reach for. My lovely friend Johnny at Body Sun Tanning gave me Fake Bake Faux Glow, which is practically like foundation for legs. It's a wash off spray that provides a lovely matt colour, making my legs appear three shades darker. I do have a couple of scars on my legs that it's managed to cover too. It's a really miracle product that just makes my skin looks so airbrushed and flawless! I just wish it came in different colours as the shade is a little too red based for my yellow toned skin.

If I do have a tan that just needs a little enhancing I'll reach for This Works Perfect Legs Skin Miracle (post here), which is more like a tinted cream that makes skin look a little more alive. It provides a glow so I tend to keep all the product focused down the centre of my legs to help catch the light.


The last step is where my limited knowledge of contouring and highlighting comes in, if I want something to appear thinner, I'll sweep a highlighter down the centre, making the light catch it causing my legs to look thinner. A handy little trick eh? For this a big fluffy brush is handy, I used the Real Technquies Powder Brush as it's absolutely huge, and it's synthetic bristles pick up quite a bit of product. The highlighting product I'm referring to is The Body Shop Puff On Radiance (post here), which provides some serious shimmer. If you were looking for something a little more subtle, Gueralain Meterories (post here) would be my recommendation for you as it's more illuminating than shimmery.

This routine only gets pulled when my pasty limbs are in need of some serious leg SOS, especially for an important event - like weddings and birthdays. Do you have a little routine to get your legs summer ready?

0 comments:

Post a Comment