Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector £33
I've always had my eye on Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector thanks to makeup artist Lisa Eldridge using them in her videos (see here), but after multiple tests of the shades Pearl and Opal  I decided neither was right for me. They've recently introduced a new shade, Moonstone, which was much warmer and right up my street!
The Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector is water-based so extremely light in texture, feeling almost moisturiser like, with light-diffusing particles of shimmer that help give skin an added bit of glow and radiance. Similar to a diluted version of Benefit Sunbeam with much smaller particles. Something that always pleases me in items I apply on my face - skincare benefits. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector contains SPF 25 as well as anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidants and a whole host of vitamins included. 

I've found multiple ways to apply this, my favourite being just on the high points of my cheekbones for some light reflecting and highlighting. Other uses are to mix it in with foundation or moisturiser for an all over luminous complexion. In terms of applying, of course it's paired with my favourite Real Techniques Buffing Brush patted into the skin as to not affect my foundation and blended well to avoid having a 'snail trail' across my cheekbones. 

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone (left) & Pearl (right)
Highlighters are something I shyed away from for some time, as I do have combination skin, for fear of looking too shiny, but when applied in places I welcome some shine, down the centre of my nose, middle of my forehead and highest points of my cheekbones it does the trick of adding some super natural glow without looking or feeling greasy.


Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector is £33 for 50ml, and using not even half a pump at a time I don't think I'll be running out anytime soon!


Have you tried the infamous Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector?
filed under: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment