Tuesday, August 7, 2012



I'm definitely not alone when it comes to the quest for makeup that survives the heat, it's something I always struggle with and only really learn from trial and error. This summer I've managed to find some excellent products I'll be using throughout that actually don't slip and slide in the heat, last with some sweat (loverly!), and some of them are even waterproof!


1) Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow (post here)
Not the most pigmented of formulas but lovely none the less. Very creamy but dry as a powder and last all day without creasing or sliding! My favourite shade is 4 Sandy Gold

2) Perricone MD No Concealer Concealer (post here)
As far as I'm aware this isn't waterproof but it actually could be! I've already raved about how much I liked it here, but it wasn't until I went for a walk along the coast at about midday (when the sun was at its strongest) and the concealer under my eyes didn't budge. No creasing, no smudging! Needless to say I was very impressed - it also contains SPF 35, perfect for sunny days!


3) Maxfactor False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara
My favourite low end Mascaras have got to be Maxfactor (post here) every single one I've tried is amazing, lengthening, thickening and volumizing. The waterproof version is no exception as well as being very black!

4. Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner
To add some definition to my eyes I've been reaching for this waterproof eyeliner pencil by Make Up For Ever. It's easily blendable, doesn't smudge and has a gorgeous creamy texture that doesn't tug against my eyes


5. Make Up For Ever Cream Blush
For adding some colour to my cheeks, I've been opting for a cream formula as it looks more natural in daylight as opposed to powder. 7 from Make Up For Ever is a lovely shade that looks like the colour is coming from within. Being a cream formula a little goes a long way and I don't find it going patchy throughout the day





6. Hourglass Superficial Waterproof Bronzer
This has been a summer saviour for me! Feels weightless on the skin, doesn't go blotchy or clump in the heat, and gives the skin a lovely glow.


7. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Concealer
HOW have I only discovered this recently?! Very high coverage, doesn't even alter the slightest in the heat and isn't cakey! Massive thumbs up from me!

8. Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow (post here)
A more pigmented alternative to Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow, which are waterproof too! My favourite shade is 2L, a warm brown with a touch of shimmer


9. Make Up For Ever Waterproof Concealer
If I have a blemish I've been dabbing a bit of Make Up For Ever Waterproof Concealer over the top with a fluffy brush to hide the redness and ensure the concealer lasts all day without needing to powder over the top. In terms of actually swimming with it I wouldn't advise it as it did separate on me but never the less - a saviour in the sun! 

10. Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer (post here)
If I do opt for foundation I'll be sure to pair it with a mattifying primer to ensure increased longevity and making sure I stay shine-free. Matte Perfecting Primer acts as a great base for makeup ensuring everything blends easily over the top!

What are your summer staples?

0 comments:

Post a Comment