Thursday, August 2, 2012


When I first bought this I said to myself I would reserve all judgements until I had given it a go in the conditions that my skin would need it the most, when it's very dry. After coming back from holiday and landing back in London only to what could be described as crocodile skin legs it was time to give it a proper go. There are sometimes those products you use once and know you've found something amazing, Neal's Yard Wild Rose Body Elixir was that kinda thing. Prepare yourself for a MAAJOR rave! 
I'm not too fussed on body moisturisers, I normally reach for Kiehl's Creme De Corps in the summer (post here) and for drier winter legs I slap on some body oil like L'Occitane Supple Skin Oil (link to post here) but there's that one awkward time in summer, where skin is tanned but not glowing and just looks a little lifeless from the sun. Wild Rose Body Elixir is unlike an oil or a moisturiser, it's a little mix of both, something that I would describe as a gel balm. An intensive moisturiser that has a thick oily texture. It needs serious working into the skin and takes a while to be absorbed so definitely one to apply before bed but it's unlike anything I've ever tried, or my skin has ever liked. In the morning there's still a little moisture to my skin but no more dryness, crocodile legs or flakey patches. 



I'm not one to go into detail about ingredients about products, if it works, it works! Right? But after having a brief look over there was a pretty good list that included omega 6 and 9, coco butter, brazil nut and rose hip oil. All together making it a very heavy moisturiser! In terms of application I smother my skin in the stuff straight after my shower, when skin is a little moist, for it to be well absorbed

It's not the cheapest body product around at £28 for 150ml but in my opinion well worth it if you're in need of an intensive moisture, and a little goes a seriously long way! Smooth and silky skin is definitely the result! 

I don't think I'll ever be without this stuff, it's seriously amazing! Just talking about it no makes me want to go and smother myself in it. Holy grail? Yeah, why not.




filed under: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment