Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ahh the French Pharmacy, truly one of my favourite places (it's sad I know) but I still love it, for two reasons, 1. there are so many goodies to choose from & be discovered and 2. the 'grass is always greener on the other side' rule. There are always going to be those products you find randomly in another country that of course haaaave to be the best product you've ever tried, yet they arn't readily available to purchase anywhere near you. However, some fantastic french brands have now rolled into boots such as La Roche Posey,  Avene & Vichy, but I will mainly be focusing on the brands that aren't as easy to get hold of in the UK. 


Firstly, my beloved Bioderma Eau Micellaire - I have raved & raved about this product on here before (read my post here) and when I was in Paris a couple of weeks ago, something that really struck me was how available this was. Literally every single store, every single pharmacy - there it was! And so much cheaper than in the UK! 




Some of my friends have to go to great lengths to find Bioderma in the UK. Amazon, Ebay etc...
Dermophil - If you've been reading my blog for a while (thank you!) you're probably a bit bored of me talking about how amaaazing Dermophil lip balm is & also how it is impossible to find in the UK. Read my post on it here & here

Homeoplasmine - I have no idea what this has in it but any dry skin problem I have, it solves! Dry lips, cuticles, hands, feet, elbows & even those weird dry patches that appear on the side of my mouth in winter or on my face. 

Biafine - this has saved my skin for many summers as I like to pretend I don't burn and just get bronzed without any SPF on, like my mom and sister, but that is really not the case. Anywhere I don't put suncream? I burn. One time I even had a patch on my knee that I missed out while putting suncream on that ended up burning (not kidding). One dolup of Biafine and red hot burning skin magically disappears. It works miracles

Bigger brands that rock - every product from these brands seem to be better than the next!





Klorane - Some of the best haircare I have ever tried! Take my word for it - if you have dry hair - their mango butter shampoo & conditioner will blow you away. I'm not really a fan of dry shampoo but when I do use it, it's got to be Klorane. So easy to blend into your hair while still taking away that old unwashed hair look. One of my favourites has got to be their Leave in Spray with Magnolia (I went through a bottle and a half last summer) it just makes notty beachy hair managable again without weighing it down. 


Caudalie - Probably one of the best face fake tans I have ever tried is Caudalie Teint Divin. Super natural, buildable, gives a gradual tan & doesn't break me out! They also have great moisturisers which feel light on the skin & smell amazing- my favourites are, Premieres Vendages & Vinosource. 



The Caudalie Crushes Cabernet Scrub smells funky but is so vigorous you really feel like you are working hard at scrubbing away those dead layers of skin cells. 

Nuxe - Saved the best for last! Where do I even begin...Love the Reve De Miel Lip Balm so much I did a separate post (see here). Being someone who is obsessed with anything with a rose scent or ingredient I love the Cleansing Milk and Cleansing Water as it doesn't leave that tight feeling on my skin & feels so fresh and cooling. My all time favourite has got to be Nuxe Huile Prodigeuse. If you buy one this from a french brand it should be this! I use this all over the body & on my hair, especially in summer when hair is dry and weak. It smells beyond amazing and leaves skin feeling sooo great! 

If I need to stock up on these brands when in london... Caudalie & Nuxe are available in SpaceNK and Klorane is available at John Lewis
filed under: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment