Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dior DiorShow Airflash Foundation £33
There's one item I have been unable to stop singing it's praises during my lazy girl holiday time - Dior DiorShow Airflash Foundation. This is a repurchase of mine, I didn't get along well with it a couple of years ago but after Jamie Coombs, Dior's Top Makeup Artist used it on me here back in March, I had to give it another go as the finish made my skin look absolutely incredible. 

Dior Airflash foundation is something I've been using everyday as being a spray foundation, it allows me to apply base in under 5 seconds - record timing! 


In terms of application, the bottle needs to be given a little shake first, the spray is very simple to use and lightly mists the face. Sprayed around 20cm away from the face. Despite my expectation of thinking it would end up all over my clothes and hair it was an absolute dream to apply. The spray mists the face so evenly proving a light to medium buildable coverage with a semi-matte but glowing finish. I do need to blend in edges like around the nose and edge of my face, which I do with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush. As it does cling to eyebrow and eyelash hairs applying it before eye makeup is necessary.


The coverage I desire on a day to day basis is medium so one spray all over the face and an extra layer on my cheeks provides the perfect finish for me. I absolutely LOVE the look of my skin after using this, so airbrushed and flawless and as it contains no SPF (no flash-back) it's perfect for photos too! 

Without primer Dior Diorshow Airflash Foundation will last around 6 hours on my combination skin before looking in need of a touch up and of course this increased by a couple hours when paired with Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer (post here)

I'm currently using the shade 300 Medium Beige which is perfect for summer where I'm a little more tanned. My previous bottle being a winter shade, 200. The shade range isn't the best as there are only 5 shades to choose from. You get an usual amount of 70ml as opposed to the usual 30ml but I do feel as its a spray I end up going through more. That said at £33 for 70ml, is reasonable for a high end foundation, especially considering YSL's latest release (post here) was £28 for 30ml. 

Overall medium buildable coverage, flawless skin finish, good lasting power - my summer must have! I honestly can't sing it's praises enough! Who knows...It may even replace my all time favourite, Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk....


filed under: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment