Friday, August 10, 2012


Even though I knew that eyebrows are something that shape your face they were never something I ever really considered 'doing' as mine are naturally quite thick. It was only recently getting ready with some friends when I didn't have my makeup to hand I decided to fill in my brows. After looking through pictures the next morning that I realised how different, in a good way, my face looked. Much more put together and my eyes looked much more defined!

Since then I've really gotten into my brows! I've experimented with liquid pens, powders and pencils, the latter being my favourite purely thanks to this Anastasia Brow Wiz in the shade Brunette (post here) which has such a fine nib it's easy to create fake little hairs. Here's how I go about doing my brows...


Nyx Eyebrow Shaper, Anastasia Brow Duality in Lace, HD Brow Beater, Anastasia Brow Gel in Clear, Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette, Suquu Liquid Pen in 01 Green, Spoolie Eyebrow Brush

The main saviour is something that's so cheap and simple, a plain good old spoolie brush, which I use before and after doing my brows. Before to comb everything through as they have the tendency to be quite unruly and following applying the colour to even the it out and blend any harsh lines.

Anastasia Brow Wiz (left) Suquu Liquid Pen (right)

My brows filled in with Anastasia Brow Wiz (left) Suquu Liquid Pen (right)
My two favourite brow items are Anastasia Brow Wiz and Suquu Liquid Pen. Brow Wiz is what I use on a daily basis as the nib is really fine and it's a perfect shade for my brows. Suquu Liquid Pen gets picked up if I'm looking for a slightly more natural effect. I have the shade 01 Green but when applied blends beautifully with my brows and doesn't make them appear filled in at all.

Above - Anastasia Brow Gel
Below - Anastasia Brow Duality

I'll then apply some Brow Gel to keep all the hairs in place. If my eyebrows are growing out a little and need to be threaded then I'll use Anastasia Brow Gel (post here) as it's a little thicker or if I need a lighter layer of gel I'll use the HD Brow Beater. There's always that one pesky hair that won't stay in place and for that I'll reach for NYX Eyebrow Shaper which is what I like to name a Brow Fix - a wax pencil that helps the most unruly hairs behave! 

I love a good eyebrow arch, for some highlighting I'll use Anastasia Brow Duality in Lace which is a double ended pencil - golden shimmer on one side and matt on the other. It looks beautiful when used as a natural highlighter - very similar to Benefit High Brow Glow (post here

It's very clear I'm a massive Anastasia convert which is why I let off a little childish squeal when Cult Beauty started stocking them as they were previously unavailable in the UK.

What do you do with your brows? Anything you recommend to a newbie?

0 comments:

Post a Comment