Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hey beauties! 

Want to feel pampered and polished? 
Need to get set for the new season of spring? 
OPI nail varnish is the way to go! 
OPI is used in many professional salons, and I've always wanted to know what all the fuss was about...

My boyfriend took me to this gorge little boutique in Bath called Mee (you beauties should check it out http://www.meeboutique.com/), and treated me to not 1, but 2 beautiful new OPI colours :)



I know grey is set to be a big trend for nails this spring, but I felt I missed the pretty pastel shades of summer. So, my first choice was a colour named "Malaysian Mist" which is part of the OPI "Classic Colours Collection 2011".



One coat of this shade dried quite see through, almost like a manicure base colour. 



After a second coat, I instantly fell in love. Its much more of a peachy shade than I thought it would be (I don't think you can really see that in the pictures), but it's fab! Such a great subtle daytime colour. I think I actually prefer it to pinker shades I usually wear, it's quite shiny and really cute for fresh spring days.  




My second choice is called "Houston we have a purple" and it's from the Texas Collection 2011. 




OPI describe this shade as galactic violet, which is exactly what it is! However, after the first coat I applied, you could see the streaks from the brush:



After a second coat, it looked much better. "Houston we have a purple" was much pinker than I thought it would be, but I still think its a great shade for spring night time glam, I'm hopelessly in love with this gorge varnish. 




OPI have springs prettiest polishes, I love the names of the shades and collections, and the shape of the bottle.
They're £10 for a 15ml pot, which it says you can use for up to 24 months. 
The bristles fan out for maximum coverage, making life very easy. 
I was impressed by how strong and durable they are too. 

Overall, brilliant varnishes that definitely get my vote.

Finally, a last minute tip for you beauties. If you find that your nails are dry and flakey, try adding some sulphur to your diet (foods like asparagus and garlic). This should help strengthen your nail bed. 

Cheerio for now beauties Xx

The colours have varied to what I thought they would be like, so I would definitely recommend for you beauties to take your time to find one you really love before purchasing.
filed under:

0 comments:

Post a Comment