Tuesday, March 27, 2012


A couple of Saturday nights ago a friend asked me if I had my hair professionally blow dried, which I had not, and she went on to mention that I had 'faked a blowdry.' Hello blog post idea!

There's always that challenge at getting that perfect salon looking hair at home, but here is my step by step guide of how to go about faking that perfect blow dry look! The straighteners I have tried in the past are GHD (had them for seven years! Pretty good no?) Corioliss and Jose Eber. I've settled on Jose Eber for now as I find they are the best for creating this look as I find their width to be just right - not too thin & not too thick. They also have a special technology that works to 'seal the cutlices, eliminating frizz,for smoother shiny hair with less damage.'


Start by making sure your hair looks super shiny with my ten easy steps - link


1. Section your hair from your ears upwards as above. If you have thinner hair than myself I would section from the bottom of your ear


2. From the bottom half of your hair, take medium sized sections and straighten them as normal, but bringing the ends in, almost curling them, towards you in a half moon hand motion




3. Repeat on the other side



4. Remove the clip and part your hair wherever your normal parting is. Taking medium sections of hair straigten normally until you reach about half way through the length of your hair. Making sure that you 
direct the straightener away from your face and pulling it round, curling the ends away from your face. You should end up with something similar to the photo above!


5. Continue working through sections of your hair, making sure the straightener is directed away from you face


6. If you have a fringe style it as normal


I hope you enjoyed this post! The hand movements take getting used to but once youve got the hang of it its a breeze & you can always email me if you have any questions!
Also thinking of doing a 'How To' post once a week - if you have any suggestions pop them below :)


Jose Eber Wet And Dry 1.5' Plate Straighteners are available from Harrods, Selfridges & here

0 comments:

Post a Comment