Sunday, January 13, 2013




Berry lips are a look I've become accustomed to - a simple base like mascara and foundation paired with a berry lip is the quickest way to be out the door looking decent. My dive in the deep end into berry lips included some very daring shades (for a nude lip lover) but here's an edit of my top picks from Tom Ford to Stila. 


First and foremost - lining my lips, which Mac Current Lip Pencil does with ease, making sure there's no bleeding, smearing and I stay in those darn lines. It's a little too drying to be applied all over the lip but around the edges it works wonders.

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape - post here
The lip shade that started my affair with berry was Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape, by far one of my favourite items of 2012 for its balmy texture, hydrating quality and (most importantly) being beyond easy to use. Slap it on and out the door - success! 

Topshop Lip Cover in Inhibition (applied as a stain) - post here
A little budget buy, Topshop Lip Cover in Inhibition, can be applied from anything from a stain to a full coverage lip (and I recommend the former), slightly drying so do need to pop on some balm beforehand to say goodbye to crusty lips, Nuxe Reve De Miel being my one of choice. 

Stila Liquid Lipstick in Aria 
Stila Liquid Lipstick in Aria is the most interesting formula out of the bunch, applied from the doe foot applicator, incredibly pigmented (one layer does the trick), dries matte, not drying at all and lasts through me chomping away at a burger and drinking vino. Thumbs up from me! 


Aveda Rare Orchid - post here
Aveda Rare Orchid looks slightly scary in the bullet but applies like a dream and waxy formula means it's staying around for a while without being sticky. One of my favourites for its glossy looking texture without feeling too heavy.


Tom Ford Black Orchid
Saving the best for last - Tom Ford, the most luxuirous lipsticks around, incredibly pigmented, creamy and did I mention their packaging? Swoon. My shades are Black Orchid and Violet Fatal, both of which apply anything from a light stain to a heavy lip. Plus - imprinted TF - yes please! 

(clockwise from top) Topshop Lip Cover in Inhibition, Stila Liquid Lipstick in Aria, Aveda Rare Orchid, Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape, Tom Ford Black Orchid, Tom Ford Violet Fatal. 

So, which other shades do I need to add to my collection? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment