Saturday, May 12, 2012


As much as I love to be bronzed I don't often have time for the process that comes with it, exfoliating with my Dermalogica Buffing Cloth (here) and Soap & Glory Some Like It Hot Scrub (here), then moisturising and continuing to apply fake tan with a mitt. It's just such a process! One fake tan I know will always be worth it is the, Xen Tan Dark Lotion Absolute Luxe in Ultra Dark. Like all fake tans it does have that biscuity smell, but it's not even close to being as bad as some of the others (like St Tropez). It gives the most beautiful colour on my skin, very natural but still giving a very deep olive toned colour. After around 6 days it fades naturally as opposed to going patchy, as much as I love Rodial Fake Tan it goes horribly blotchy around the 5 day mark. 
When it comes to applying I squeeze some of the fake tan onto my skin, there is a guide colour so you know where you're applying, and continue to buff in with a tanning mitt (wouldn't recommend the Xen Tan one as it leaves fluff on you skin!). The Soltan Beautiful Bronze one from Boots or Superdrug are my favourite as you can reuse them over and over again and they make applying the self tan really easy. Being a lotion it doesn't get absorbed as quickly as the mousses but after about half an hour the sticky feeling has gone down. 

In terms of upkeep theres nothing really to do until the next week where I would go through the whole process again, I do make sure to avoid body oils when I fake tan as the oil interferes with the DHA (fake tan ingredient) and can cause it to separate. 

Xen Tan Dark Lotion Absolute Luxe is £29.70 on Feel Unique here (I have been using mine for a year and a half and it's nowhere near finishing!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment