Thursday, May 24, 2012


Hair masks - one of those things I love to do purely because the results make such a difference but I absolutely hate the long tedious task of applying them. Especially as I like to leave mine in for as long as possible! I like to think I know my stuff when it comes to hair masks as I've tried sooo many. All the ones from Kerastase, a couple from RedKen, some from Tigi, Aussie, Bumble and Bumble and Philip Kingsley, to name a few. Most of these were alright but none of them really light my fire if you know what I mean      ;)

The closest I would have to loving one was with Bumble and Bumble Deeep, I love the softness it left my hair feeling and the manageability but after two big bottles later I didn't notice any major difference in the condition of my hair. This was pretty much the same with the Tigi Dumb Blonde Hair Mask. The Philip Kingsley Elaziser Extreme which I wrote about here, did give amazing results at bringing my dead hair back to life but it doesn't leave a nice scent in the hair or make it very smooth. 

After that long hair mask journey I was happy to have finally found 'the one', at a Fekkai event in March link to post here, and have been addicted to this mask ever since, the Advanced Salon Technician Rapid Results Moisture Mask. Everything about it is what I look for in a hair mask, leaves my hair sooooooo smooth and manageable, adds shine, doesn't weigh it down or make it greasy while improving the condition of my hair. The best part is you only have to apply it for 3 minutes! No more faffing about with wetting my hair and sleeping in hair mask, just apply as I'm in the shower and rinse out.
The only thing I can be nit picky about is the packaging, I would really like all hair masks to be packaged like the Bumble and Bumble Deeep as its so much easier to use in a squeeze tube than in a pot, especially when you're in the shower! Then again, if thats the only bad thing I can find about this hair mask then heyho it's no biggie       :)


Fekkai Advanced Salon Technician Rapid Results Moisture Mask is £33 for a large pot of 198g, I've been using mine weekly in conjunction with the Shampoo and Conditioner and I think I'm about 1/3rd of the way through so will hopefully last a while longer (bear in mine my hair is quite thick and very long!) I will definitely be repurchasing this when the time comes!

Frederic Fekkai is available at House Of Fraser here & Space NK here


filed under: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment