Friday, June 8, 2012


I've finished a couple of things so it's about time for a round up of what I would repurchase and would not. Some skincare, body, hair and a couple of makeup bits here...

Kiehls Creme De Corps - I absolutely love this moisturiser, weightless, scentless and totally fuss free. It isn't the most hydrating of them all but a great one for summer when my skin tends to be less dry. It doesn't interfere with fake tan too which is a plus as I'm constantly slapping on Xen Tan Dark Lotion Absolute Luxe (review here) in the summer months too! I am looking for another moisturiser though I think I might nosey around and see what else is out there.. 
Overall: Yes

Shu Uemura High Preformance Balancing Cleansing Oil - When I get home late at night and taking off makeup is the last thing I wanna do purely from being so tired this just makes everything so quick and simple! It literally wipes off the first couple layers without event trying. Especially with eye makeup and waterproof mascara. I do find its not enough to fully remove everything on its own so will use it in conjunction with Bioderma to make sure everything is fully removed. On a day to day basis I do prefer using a hot cloth cleanser like the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish or Pai Camelia and Rose Cleanser
Overall: Yes

Etat Pur Micellar Water - I absolutely love Bioderma (a water based remover) for removing makeup but it's impossible to get hold of in the UK! I've been testing out its cheaper alternative at £6.40 and unfortunately it wasn't as good. However for the conditions I use micellar water in, when I wake up in the morning and normally take a cotton pad with micellar water all over my face, this was perfectly fine. For now I think I'll stick to Bioderma, especially as my grandparents very kindly brought me back a couple months stock from France!
Overall: No

Kerastase Nuritive Masquintense - I'll just cut to the chase and say that I will not repuchase this! Not for the reason that it wasn't good, but purely because it wasn't as good as the Fekkai Advanced Salon Technician Rapid Results Moisture Mask or give the same results as the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Extreme which I have written about fully here and here
Overall: No

No7 Beautiful Skin Wipes - I rarely use makeup wipes, but when I do it's purely for the purpose of cleaning up some eyeshadow fallout or taking off makeup before reapplying and I found these to be really efficient yet good for sensitive skin
Overall: Yes

L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black - Since about a year ago I heard through the grapevine this was Kim Kardashian's Mascara of choice I've been addicted! I love layering it over Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill for some extra volume and length - they just work together and create longer fuller lashes! You can read my full review here
Overall: Yes

Nars Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base - I received this in the Wicked Attraction Set and originally wouldn't even have tried it as I'm too in love with Mac Paint Pot in Painterly (here) but recently my paint pot was packed away and I decided to give the Nars Pro Prime a whirl instead. I thought it would be similar to Urban Decay Primer Potion which I'm not a fan of but I was so impressed with the results! Making the pigmentation of my eyeshadows so much stronger and helping the lasting power increase too. The only problem is that it's clear so doesn't even out lid colour
Overall: Yes

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think?


0 comments:

Post a Comment