Wednesday, August 22, 2012


Following my post reviewing my high-end volumzing products (here, low-end to come!) here's a little tutorial on how I go about using them. As it's mainly in the roots of my hair, as that's where I need a bit of lift I tend to mix different sprays and mousses together causing a little concoction in my hair!

After washing my hair I'll start by running a 10p size amount of volumizing mousse through the crown of my head on my scalp, massaging it into damp hair. When it comes to blowdrying I tend to flip my head over and blow-dry upside down for some extra oomph. After I've styled my hair, usually with Enrapture Totem Styler (post here) I'll go in with a volumizing spray. My Favourite being Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray,  which I use in combination with a backcombing brush.



1. Firstly I'll section off pieces of hair and clip them away from my face


2. Using a volumizing spray I'll give my roots a little spritz, making sure the product is focused at my scalp and roots of my hair


3. I'll then backcomb my hair using little forwards and backwards motions causing some messy texture and volume


4. I'll then spray the backcombed hairs to keep them in place and add extra texture


5. I continue doing the above three steps in different sections of my hair, focusing the most product around the front as that's where I desire the most volume


5. On the next section of hair repeat step 2 - spray! 


6. Repeat step 3 - backcomb!


7. Repeat step 4 - spray again!


8. I repeat the three steps on each section until I've reached the top of my hair, which I let fall on top of the volume
I then repeat on the other side!

The same applies to any other spray I use, Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray, Ojon Volume Advance Styling Spray (post here) and the list goes on!

cglfMJ on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs

I hope this was helpful! How do you get some volume in your hair?
filed under: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment