Monday, August 20, 2012


Holidays have always been an excuse for buying and trialing new things.  I use my lack of available luggage space as an excuse for not bringing along some shower gels, hair care and such like moisturisers, in the hope of running along to the local pharmacy and finding something absolutely fantastic.

Everything from toothpaste to body oils get purchased, used and reviewed. Not to mention if there's a Sephora in the near radius, I'll casually leave behind concealer, primer or anything just so I can get my hands on something new!

Let's start in my shower, which Caudalie Shower Gel has recently made it's way into along with Phyto Volumizing Shampoo and Klorane Conditioner. I'm not too fussed about shower gels, they all seems to do a similar thing to me apart from one holy grail L'Occiatane Almond Shower Oil (post here). The Caudalie does a good job, lathers well, smells good and doesn't strip my tan.

To me, Klorane & Phyto haircare just defines summer in France! The Shampoo is a strange formula but one that I favour. The consistency is so fine it's practically water, yet once on the scalp lathers extremely well, clarifies yet doesn't feel harsh. Klorane Conditioners. So balmy, rich and moisturising. Which is why I keep them well always from my tendency-to-be-greasy roots. However, on my dry and splitting ends is where I welcome a rich formula. 


Post shower I spray myself with a little Phyto Bronz, it was the only body oil in my pharmacy I could stand the smell of. If my French GSCE hasn't failed me it's an after sun too!  For dryer areas of skin I've been nourishing my pins with Yes To Carrots Body Butter which I raved about in more detail here

After finishing my little stash of mini hair mask samples I ventured out into trying Bioderma, their Concentrated Reconstructing Hair Mask to be prescise. As much as I wanted this to change my haircare routine as much as their Micellar Water did my skincare, it just didn't. Not softer, no extra swish just a more grassy scent. It's only early days though so if anything miraculous happens I'll keep you posted. 

Speaking of Bioderma, as my stash at home doesnt need replenishing anytime soon I've been using Lierac Micellar Water. It takes a lot of this stuff to get my face clean, and with such a small bottle I end up finishing it off in just over a week. As lovely as it was it's onto the next one for me!

What would a beauty shopping trip be without buying some lip items? Dermophil, one of my many lip loves, was spotted in colourful packaging for childen - which of course got the little girl in me very excited as I umped and ached over flavour choices. Dissapointment however that the childs version isn't as nourishing on the lips, still a lovely and cute none the less. 

Apart from the products I've used before It's still early days here as well as some purchases are still unopened! Off I go to purchase a new shampoo, my Phyto just ran out...


0 comments:

Post a Comment