Wednesday, September 26, 2012


I know a lot of women, myself included, who store a few pairs of shoes at the office or in the trunk of their car, purely for time saving when going home before dinner or a party post-work isn't an option. Spare pairs of tights, a handful of accessories including a large clutch bag as well as pretty full makeup bag is all the contents you'll find if you peer below my desk.
When an event calls and a shift from work to party attire is desired I tend to work it into the outfit in the morning. Firstly I'll choose an appropriate dress, this one is from Topshop here, is perfect as it's pretty plain and simple. Right length for both occasions, sleeveless and low cut enough to add a necklace. For work I'll tend to wear tights booties and a blazer, all of which gets swapped over in the office bathroom for heels, an oversized clutch and a necklace.


Now onto the makeup, which by 7pm requires as much attention as possible. This makeup bag here usually gets left at work for touch ups. Firstly to top up on foundation the handy spray in Dior DiorShow Airflash Foundation gives a flawless finish, even when pilled on top of makeup previously applied that morning. I'll dab some colour on my cheeks with a 2 in 1 palette like Topshop Bronzer in Break Of Day, by the end of a long day my face can look a little washed out so a sweeping of the darker shade from Sleek Contour Kit will sort that out, adding some definition to my cheeks.


For eyes I tend to make them appear a little smokier by carrying around a handy palette. Here I used Make Up Academy Heaven & Earth Palette with some Japonesque brushes from the Touch Up Tube set. I then re-lined my eyes with Pixi Lash Line Ink and applied some Maybelline Master Smokey Eyes in my waterline for added drama.

After spritzing myself with some of Laura Mercier Fresh Fig perfume, which was decanted into a little Travalo I was on my way, not before I applied some Clarins Natural Light Instant Lip Perfector

What's your day to night routine?

0 comments:

Post a Comment