Wednesday, November 21, 2012


Maintaining long and glossy locks is one of my daily tasks, after that second day hair is looking a little drab, there's something resembling a rats nest formed by the hairs at the back of my head and dry ends are starting to show. 

My haircare routine is constantly changing but there are three things that remain constant. My use of heat protector, hair oil and a hair mask. These three firm favourites have been helping my hair repair against damage and have proved to be quite a killer combination.


First up is the newest out of the bunch, L'Oreal Paris Elnett Heat Protect Styling Spray (post here). I'll always make sure my locks are protected from the daily dose of heat and this protects up to 230 degrees while adding that extra hold. There are three formulas that I'll mix depending on what look I'm going for that day, normally I'll lightly mist straight throughout my hair and volume at the roots. As well as protecting my hair they also help tame frizz and fly aways!

The weekly hair mask is a chore I've learnt to love, so many appear in my stash but none will ever compare to Philip Kingsley Elasicizer Extreme. I've got this to thank for my hair, it may not produce the same instant results as others but produces the best over time with constant use. One of my holy grails I will never be without! 

To tame frizz, add shine and gloss I'll douse my hair in hair oil. Not only is Ojon Rare Blend Oil beautiful and smells amazing it does its job and more. After shaking the bottle I'll run it though my ends on damp hair and again once blowdried. Even though I'm nowhere near finishing this I've stocked up on backups just in case. 


When it comes to hairbrushes there is only one that can get through the horendous knots that I come home to is the Michael Mercier Detangling Brush. Unlike the Tangle Teaser this has a handle making trudging through those knots much easier. It gets the job done (and fast) with minimal breakage. 


As hair is most sensitvie to damage when it 's wet I'll be sure to brush it when dry, I'll use a really gentle brush like Mason Pearson as it doesn't tug or pull. I've noticed bad quality hair brushes causing a lot of breakage on my hair so I made sure to invest in a decent hair brush.

How do you look after your hair?

0 comments:

Post a Comment