Friday, November 16, 2012



Leaving the house with plump glowing skin and returning that evening with skin that resembles the Sahara Desert. Sound familiar? With Winter quickly approaching it's time for me to get involved with nourrishing creams, body oils and hydrating sptirz;s to give dry skin a kick up the backside...

Legs are the first thing to look a bit chapped, for everyday use I've been slapping on Vaseline Cocoa Radiant Vitalising Body Gel Oil, which, if the name didn't give it away, has a gel to oil texture that leaves skin glowing and moisturised. If my skin is in need of an extra boost I'll reach for luxurious Aesop Intense Rejuvinating Body Balm, which coats the skin, hydrated and leaves it smelling of vanilla and orange. Heaven! (I seriously need this in candle form) This intensive moisture routine extends to my shower, using the only shower gel I will ever purchase L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil, which I've raved about countless times before, it's an oil that lathers up in the shower, leaving skin feeling nourished and smooth.

After hearing Miranda Kerr was a fan of Coconut Cream I recently jumped on the bandwagon, I've been using this RMS Raw Coconut Cream as a do-it-all cream, body moisturiser, knees, elbows, cuticles you name it. It's a solid formula but when warmed up in hands becomes an oil. I'll use it once a week for a skin boost only to later discover it's labelled as a cleanser!

The cold weather takes it's toll on my hands and lips the most, I've been using L'Occitane Magical Leaves Hand Cream which is part of their Christmas Collection, according to L'Occitane one hand cream is sold every three seconds worldwide! I can see why - rich, nourishing and easily absorbed. For lips, it's Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm For Lips, a thick cream I use as an overnight treatment to bring dry lips back to smooth. 

There are a couple of new face items I've added, firstly Darphin Purifying Balm, (post here) which has got to be one of my favourite product discoveries of 2012, is an absolute godsent it hydrates calms redness, blemishes, I absolutely adore this stuff and couldnt be without it!


Ingredient of the moment Hylaronic Acid, which is said to hydrate and support the skin is cropping up everywhere at the moment. I've been using a combination of two products to help add and lock in moisture. Firstly is Hydraluron, a gel texture that's applied before moisturiser or serum, Caroline describes it as a magnet for moisture. So far so good! Less blemishes, less dehydration lines and doesn't interfere with my makeup longevity. 

Next up from one of my favourite brands, Balance Me, is their latest release, Skin Brightening Hydrating Face Mist. Like all face spritz's should this smells incredible, a mixture of rose and orange but more importantly aims to focus on hydrating skin. Despite it being a large and hefty bottle I haven't let that stop me carrying it around on the go for a pick me up spritz.

I think it's fair to say I'm getting my daily dose of moisture! Anything I need to add to my routine?

0 comments:

Post a Comment