Tuesday, December 11, 2012


I've never quite found a tinted moisturiser that ticked every box, after dabbling in Chantecaille, Laura Mercier and Jemma Kidd and being disappointed in all - their lasting power, blendability and finding them all too glowy for my combination skin, I let it rest. When having my weekly gander around Cult Beauty their addition Jouer Matte Moisture Tint caught my eye, purely as I hadn't ventured into Jouer before nor had I seen a matte tinted moisturiser before!

On the tinted moisturiser scale Jouer is just next to that of a light coverage foundation. It has the radiance boosting finish that tinted moisturisers should, while being a slightly thicker texture that leaves the skin looking that extra bit more polished than usual. The finish it leaves looks like a second skin, so much so that Sam from PixiWoo actually complimented my skin and asked what foundation I used, score! (Self-five!)

The lasting power is where it really shows its worth - all day without touch ups, which on my combination skin is a rarity. Even though the glowing finish of Chantecaille or Laura Mercier may have been beautiful, it's only been a matter of time before the foundation is sliding round my face. 

Available in two finishes - lumizing and matte with only five shades in each, I wear the shade Linen which is a little too light for my skin tone but perfect in Winter. I'll usually blend in with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush, which works perfectly or with fingers for an even lighter application. 

Photobucket

If the above rave didn't clarify it enough: I'm totally besotted! The only tinted moisturiser I've ever been fully pleased with... 

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint is exclusive to Cult Beauty for £29 here, and you do get a good 50ml - more than the usual 30! What's your favourite tinted moistuiser?

0 comments:

Post a Comment