Thursday, December 27, 2012



The past five days it's been shoop-shoop-shoop for me and my skis, down the mountain and back up again (not before stopping for a hot chocolate of course). Head first against the wind, occasional snow and hail, leaves me resembling rudolph amongst other things. While on holiday I like to kick back, relax, and let preening take a back seat but there are those essentials I can't let fall by the wayside.



Starting off with my favourite topic, hair, there's nothing better than a good hair mask to liven up dull locks. Multitasking and bringing my Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment (post here) along with me into the steam room to pamper as I natter along with my sister, Erminio Fiocca, Ojon's Hair Stylist, mentioned that this works best in hot conditions as the hair shaft opens up, which I think is a similar concept in the sauna.

Just because the sun is hiding behind those clouds doesn't mean it's time to forget the SPF. My summer favourite Chantecaille Ultra Sun Protection SPF 50 (post here) has been gracing my skin, for being non-oily, not sticky and without leaving a white overlay on my skin! Just before moisturising I'll slap on a pea size amount of Hydraluron, a gel texture that helps act as a magnet for moisture. 


Two kinds of oils - body and face. For my body I've been applying Orico Rush Hour Dry Body Oil, which smells like sweets, intensely hydrates and is easily absorbed. Expect me to be singing its praises for a while - I'm obsessed. Cue incessant self arm stroking       ;)
  
Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate (post here) would be something I would ask for when stuck on a desert island. It's light, hydrating and soothing - especially for post wind-swept skin. 

Lips are the first thing to show the effects of cold weather, before bed I'll slather on a layer of Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm For Lips, my ultimate dry lip hero, which I simply adore! (even though my tube froze today - it was that cold!) For cuticles a mini sample of Moa The Green Balm has been doing the trick, labelled as a 100% Natural healing balm. I'm more than pleasantly surprised with this stuff - light, not as greasy as an oil and my cuticles are looking rather hydrated as opposed to their usual crusty selves. 

A quick spritz of my wintery perfume Diptique Eau Duelle and I'm good to go, shoop-shoop-shoop...

0 comments:

Post a Comment