Wednesday, December 12, 2012


When I'm not feeling up to full on curls on a day to day basis, I'll do a quick blow-dry, whizz in some rollers and come out with the above (which doesn't take very long at all) yet still feels that extra bit polished than the usual straight do. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll start by prepping my damp hair with a heat defence spray to avoid any damage, my favourite is L'Oreal Heat Protect Styling Spray as it helps hold the curl that extra bit longer. I'll then apply an anti-frizz cream, like V05 Smoothly Does It Frizz Free Creme which does the job without leaving my hear feeling weighed down or sticky while also adding a boost of heat protection.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll start by clipping up half of my hair, usually just above my ears and straighten the hair below my ears  inwards (as they are usually poker straight!) to add a polished blow-dried look.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll then take the hair above my ears and separate it into small sections, about the width of the Enrapture Heated Rollers (post here), making sure that the hair is being curled going in the direction away from my face.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket    Photobucket

As I don't want the curls to look tight I'll only leave them in for 5 minutes and as soon as I take out each piece of hair from the roller I'll run my fingers through it, almost acting as a comb, to separate the curl and give an nonuniform finish.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Do you prefer a softer curl or more polished like here? Any other hair tutorials to add to the list?

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment