Monday, December 17, 2012


I've never been a fan of someone else doing my makeup, call it the control freak in me or maybe the fact that I favour a certain type of smokey eye that only I can achieve on myself. I'm no makeup artist, lets get that straight, but when it comes to doing my makeup I like to be playing around with my favourite bits.


Recently I had a video shoot for L'Oreal Paris *this post* where my makeup had to last over 12 hours, which isn't the easiest of tasks, as well as look 'camera ready' and last throughout the hot lights.


Firstly was photo and video ready foundation, for this I used Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation & Powder which are my all time favourite (blended in with another flawless face favourite - Real Techniques Buffing Brush). No matter how many times I re-powdered, Luminous Silk did a fabulous job without making me look overly cakey or orange.


instagram @amelialiana
Onto my eyes, I started off applying Mac Paint Pot in Painterly all over the lid to act as a base, increase eyeshadow longevity and colour pigment. I used a combination of two colours, both L'Oreal Infalliable Eyeshadows (post here). These are incredible, they look amazing on the eye, the texture feels amazing and whats best is they don't crease smudge, especially under bright studio lighting! I had the shade Endless Chocolate all over the lid with Eternal Black in the crease and Sahara Treasure and Brown Temptation on the bottom lash line. To blend everything together I used a Mac shade, a similar colour to my skintone, Wedge and some super fine Muji Fine Stem Cotton Buds


To line my eyes I used Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner in Black as it's super rich, creamy and doesn't pull at my eyelids. Not to mention is one of the longest eyeliner pencils I own! (post here) For my lashes I made sure to use my Dior DiorShow Lash Primer (post here) to really lengthen and lift my lashes. 

 


The one thing I haven't mastered is long lasting lippy, so recommendations are welcome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment