Friday, December 28, 2012


Something about this weather makes me want to run a hot bath and slather myself in body oils. Surely I'm not the only one? Oils seem to have been taking over my stash as of late so here's the breakdown of what's been going on...



First up are body, which is where I give myself an intense boost, starting off in my shower with L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil, which I've sung it's praises more often than I can count (full rave here). Two body oils have been serving their purpose, Orico Rush Hour Vibrant Dry Body Oil and Melvita L'Or Bio Extraordinary Oil. If my skin is feeling a little dry I've been slapping on Orico, which smells like a holiday, intensely moisturises skin and on the plus side it's organic. I tend to slap it on the drier of areas like legs. For a more easily absorbed, lighter option Melvita has been doing the trick, similar to Nuxe and Caudalie but slightly more hydrating. 


My face gets doused in Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Conceatrate (post here) every other evening brughtening hydrating and its even got the sisters seal of approval (which I assure you is very rare), hair gets coated in Ojon Rare Blend Oil (post here) to hydrate and add shine. Lips are lathered in Aesop Tuberose Lip Heal, a roll on oil that feels as though it's sinking into the skin rather than just sitting on top of it and a couple drops of Aromatherapy Associates Relax Bath & Shower Oil into my bath and I'm all oiled up. 



The most exciting one of them all is Elemis Frangipani Monoi Body Oil, a hard oil that needs to be run under hot water to soften and melt (it's been hanging with me in the tub). The texture is incredible, literally melts into the skin whilst bringing a spa-like smell to the bathroom. One of those luxurious pamper treats!

What are your favourite oils?

0 comments:

Post a Comment