Thursday, January 3, 2013


After being warned may times previous to my holiday about the crisp air's ability to turn plump, fresh skin into something red, blotchy and flaky I made sure to be fully prepared, masks, oils and moisturisers galore -  I may have only packed one foundation but a skincare stash came along with me. 


All days are windy days especially when schooping down the slopes and even on the sunniest of days snow still gets sprayed in-yer-face. What first starts off as gorgeous rosy cheeks ends up being a big face of sore and red and while I'm bundled up in more layers than I can count, I can't help but feel a little smug knowing my skin is well prepared for what's coming. 


Here's whats going on to sooth post-mountain skin:

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask & Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate - on alternate nights I'll slap on either of the above. Swearing by both for hydrated, bright and plump skin as I wake the following morning and not leaving my skin feeling unpleasant overnight. 

During the day before rushing out I'll be sure the following three grace my face...
- Hydraluron - a gel moisture booster that helps moisturiser be used to its full advantage. I'm fully addicted - blame Caroline
- Ren T-Zone Balancing Day Fluid - A light, hydrating moisturiser that and keep greasyness at bay whilst smelling delish. 
- Chantecaille Ultra Sun Protection SPF 50 PA+++ - New years resolution #1 - wear more SPF! Sun is the skins worst enemy I'm often told, who knows if it's true but anything to help protect ageing and I'm slapping it all over my face (and neck!). 

Despite me piling on the skincare like no tomorrow I'm looking forward to being reunited with my stash, my most missed items (namely craving: Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Creme and Chantecaille Just Skin) are ready and waiting for me, not to mention some sneaky sale purchases that are  on my doorstep. (I wouldn't be lying if I said unwrapping them will be the first thing to happen upon my arrival.) 









0 comments:

Post a Comment