Monday, March 26, 2012


Two little pots that got me through this past holiday season (seems so long ago!) were the Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in 83 Illusoire and 85 Mirifique that together created a perfect glittery smokey eye. Normally paired with some sort of black dress for all the Christmas & New Year parties! I love using these cream shadows as they are so easy to work with, don't crease & don't loose pigmentation. Below is a step by step guide of how I created this look and other products I used!



Note: It is best to use synthetic brushes with these cream eyeshadows!
1. I always start with a primed eyelid as this will give the eyeshadows something to adhere to and make them last longer. Here I used Mac Painterly Paint Pot
2. Using a No7 Eye Colour Brush pack the lighter shade, Illusoire onto the lid, staying below the crease
3. Taking a fluffy blending brush like the Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush blend in windwiper motions where the eyeshadow stops to make sure there are no harsh lines




4 & 5. Taking a thin flat brush like the Jemma Kidd Pro Concealer Brush and the darker colour, Mirifique, shade the outer half of the eyelid bringing the eyeshadow up in the outer corner, just above the crease




6. Taking the same fluffy blender brush, Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush, blend the two colours together
7. Use whatever product is left over on the Jemma Kidd Pro Concealer Brush underneath the eyes, stopping where eyelashes stop





The finished look!


Other products used:




Eyes
- I used a fantastic really black mascara that I love, Max Factor False Lash Effect Fusion and of course the Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Mirifique 85 (black) and Illusiore 83 (taupe)



Skin 
Not wanting to take away from the eye makeup by overdosing on blush or shimmer I focused on matt natural products
- Dior Diorskin Nude Fluid Foundation buffed in with a Jemma Kidd Pro Flat Top Foundation Brush
- As Vichy Dermablend Foundation stick gives such full coverage I actually use this to conceal under my eyes as it doesn't contain any light reflective pigments
- Using the matt dark shade from the Sleek Contour Palette to contour my cheeks and add some colour


Lips
- I love the nude lip smokey eye look so I paired my smokey eyes with Revlon Nude Attitude 01 followed by Tom Ford Lipgloss in Naked 01

Hope you enjoyed this post! :)

filed under: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment