Monday, April 30, 2012


I'm all about a good base when it comes to makeup application and that usually means a numerous handful of products, but one thing stays pretty constant - that need to fake a 'natural glow' for a flawless complexion. There are numerous goodies on the market to help fake it but my latest go-to has been a little Burberry item from their Summer Collection. Pictured above and below, this gorgeous Sheer Summer Glow palette. A neutral powder palette that includes four shades, for face and eyes. They can be used in unison all over the face to lift the complexion or in pairs for contouring and highlighting. I also used the shades seperately on my eyes! (see below) As always with Burberry powders they are very finely milled so of course, makes the application process a total breeze by blending really easily into skin. My favourite way of application would be with a fan brush, taking the two darker shades on the left of the palette just under my cheekbones to sculpt them and give a subtle warmth and glow. Followed by using sweeping my brush in the two lighter shades and along the tops of my cheekbones to highlight them.


Burberry Sheer Summer Glow Palette 



The powder also smells amazing! I actually brought this out with me one night and as I was checking my makeup the Burberry palette got passed around for everyone in the restaurant bathroom to have a little whiff! The Sheer Summer Glow palette is definitely one for the natural-finish loving girls, like I mentioned, the powder particles are so fine that the end result looks super natural. Perfect if you're a little scared of using highlighters in fear of looking like a walking disco ball - there's just no way that will happen with this! This would be one to steer away from if you're skin is sensitive to perfumed products but having said that I do have really sensitive skin and so far so good with all my Burberry powders!


Burberry Sheer Summer Glow Palette Swatches

Burberry Sheer Summer Glow is available from May for £42, yet another Burberry beauty item I'm loving!


filed under: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment