Wednesday, April 4, 2012


I recently picked up this Collection Smokey Eyes eyeshadow palette that contains 8 eyeshadows and 1 cream eyeshadow. There are 3 shimmer shades and 5 matt shades and the colours are very neutral with some browns, greys and pinks - perfect for creating a natural smokey eye! In this tutorial I'll be using the 3 shades in the middle row, a shimmery taupe, a brown and a light baby pink. This row reminds me of the Dior Smoky Nude palette which I love! - link. These eyeshadows do have a lot of fallout so I would recommend doing your eye makeup before anything else so you don't ruin your foundation! 
Collection Smokey Eyes Eyeshadow Palette middle row swatches


1. I always start with a primed eyelid to make eyeshadows last longer and have stronger pigmentation. Here I used the Trish McEvoy Eyeshadow Base in Bare
2. Taking a fluffy brush like the Mac 217 apply the light pink shade all over the lid staying below the crease
3. Using the darkest shade on a Maxfactor** brush apply the colour along the lash line


4. Blend the two colours together with a Mac 217, making sure there are no harsh lines
5. With my finger I dabbed on a bit of the shimmery taupe medium shade in the centre of my eyelid


6. Dab a bit of the cream eyeshadow into your inner tear duct to highlight your eyes and make them appear larger
7. To intensify the inner tear duct a bit more, layer the light pink shade over the cream eyeshadow with a Mac 217
8. Using whatever is left on the Maxfactor** brush underneath the eye to add a hint of colour


Other products used:


Eyes
- Trish McEvoy Eyeshadow Base in Bare followed by Collection Smokey Eyes Eyeshadow Palette and Collection Multiplier Mascara - which I love for more natural looking lashes, you can read my full review here

Skin
- As the eye makeup isn't too heavy I wanted to keep the rest of my face looking natural too by using Collection Naturally Matt Foundation and Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage under my eyes with a bit of Mac Harmony Blush on the cheeks

Lips
- L'Oreal Caresse in 01 Fashionista Pink followed by Collection Lock n Hold Lipgloss in Body Pop 1

Collection Smokey Eyes Palette is £4.19 and available here or at boots here

0 comments:

Post a Comment