Monday, April 16, 2012



When I attended a recent event held by Dior at Selfridges - link - I had one question I needed answering. What eyeshadow palette was used on Natalie Portman for the DiorShow New Look Mascara Advert? Luckily I found my answer by a lovely lady working at Dior that evening! Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette in Grege 734. When it comes to eyeshadows Dior are in the top of my list of favourites in terms of colour choice, pigmentation and lasting power. Makeup Artist Lisa Eldridge actually mentioned in one of her videos that she had Dior eyeshadows tested in a lab and said they bind a bit longer than most eyeshadows! (see her video here) The neutral colours in this palette are very wearable and would suit all skin tones. In this tutorial I created a light smokey eye including all the shades in the palette (swatched below)



Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Grège 734

I always start with priming my eyes with Mac Paint Pot in Painterly - link to post about it here

1. Using a Mac 239 brush I applied the light white shimmer shade all over the lid as a base colour
2. Using an Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush with the light brown shade, I defined my crease giving my eye some definition
3. With a clean Mac 217 brush I blended the two colours together, using windswiper motions, making sure the two colours faded into each other and there were no harsh lines


4. Taking the dark brown shade and a Mac 217 I swept the colour all over the outer half of my eye, bringing it up a little bit above the crease
5. Using a pointed brush with the tip dipped in the grey, I swept the brush in the crease for extra definition and dimention
6. Blend all colours together with a clean fluffy blush, here I used No7 Blend And Coutour Brush

7. With a pencil brush and the darkest brown shade line the lower lash line making sure to line really close to the lash line
8. Again using the Mac 239 and lightest white shade, highlight the inner corner of your eye opening them up

Other Products Used

 Skin
- Dior Diorskin Nude foundation for a natural semi-matt finish, followed by my Giorgio Armani Concealer set with Benefit Powderflage
- To bronze up my cheeks I used Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel


Eyes
- Dior Eyeshadow Palette in 734 Grege with a coat of my favourite lash primer, DiorShow Dior Lash Primer - link to post here, followed by L'Oreal Flase Lash Telescopic on my top lashes and Max Factor Masterpiece Max on my bottom lashes

Lips
- 17 Lipstick in Beehive followed by Giorgio Armani Lipgloss in 1





Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Grège 734 is £40.00 and available from any Dior counters!

0 comments:

Post a Comment