Tuesday, April 24, 2012



When it comes to everyday makeup I don't normally have time to experiment and try new things, I want something that I know will last on my skin and doesn't take away too much from laying in bed! For eyes this consists of my two current favourite eyeshadows, Burberry Pale Barley - link to post *here*, and Burberry Midnight Brown - link to post *here*, as well as the other usual suspects, foundation, concealer etc. Here's how I do my eye makeup on a daily basis and the other products I use :)


 To ensure my eyeshadow lasts all day and doesn't crease I prep my lids with a light layer of Mac Paint Pot in Painterly - link to full post about it *here*
1. With a flat brush I pack Burberry Sheer eyeshadow in Pale Barley onto my lids, making sure to stay below the crease
2. Taking a big fluffy blending brush, such as a Mac 217, and the shade Midnight Brown and apply just in the crease to give some definition
3. Using my favourite highlighter pencil, Benefit High Brow Glow, *link*,  I line just below my brows to add a bit of shimmer and make my brows appear more lifted and my eyes more awake


4. With my Chanel Automatic Liquid Eyeliner in 20 Brown I line my upper lash line
5. Taking a small short brush like the Real Techniques Accent Brush and the Midnight Brown I lightly line the lower lash line. This will subtly make my lashes look thicker!
6. With my Pixi Bright Eye Liner I line the inner water line, this is the perfect shade of cream that will counteract any redness in the eye area...great for faking a couple hours of sleep!



Skin
- As a primer I use Shu Uemura Under Base Mousse *link* all over my face, this contains SPF 30 and UVA and UVB protection while also helping to keep makeup in place and skin matt
- Followed by Dior DiorSkin Nude Foundation, a simple mineral foundation and Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer under my eyes
- To warm up my cheeks a little I apply Mac Blush in Harmony paired with Dior Rosy Glow Awakening Blush *link*

Lips
- My latest favourite combination is the Dior Lip Glow *link* followed by Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Lucky *link*

0 comments:

Post a Comment