Thursday, May 17, 2012


Aloha Wedding Season! Summer is (hopefully!) here and there have been quite a few wedding invitations popping through my door recently which is all very exciting. Before the weddings come the engagement parties, most likely Sunday brunches. I think getting the balance for brunch makeup right is quite important, especially in the summer. Being a brunch in the sun makes wearing makeup quite a task as the sunlight instantly picks up on whatever makeup on your face. For example, you don't want any shimmery highlighter as the sun will immediately make it very visible on the skin, as well as making foundation very obvious. This also means making sure everything is well blended as you don't want any harsh bronzer lines. Another thing that I thought of and actually noticed at the party was the hangover puffy eyes. A couple of people actually wore  their sunglasses indoors to hide them. On top of thinking about all of this is the photo proof makeup aspect, as there will definitely be some photos so makeup has to be photo appropriate (aka no SPF in foundation or light reflective particles in concealer) This long ramble here is all that occurred to me at around 3am the night before. So heres what I decided to apply the next day...


As soon as I woke up I doused two cotton Pads in Liz Earle Eye Bright Soothing Eye Bright Lotion and placed them on my closed eye lids to help decrease any puffiness for about 10 minutes 

Skin
- I prepped my skin with Givenchy Mister Matt for a smooth poreless base whilst making sure I stayed matt throughout the day
- My Photoproof foundation of choice is the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk which I absolutely adore. I raved about it fully here if you fancy a meaty foundation post** wink with my Hourglass Hidden  Concealer
- For my cheeks I applied a matt bronzer from the Sleek Contour Kit, post here, followed by my Burberry Light Glow Blossom Blush in Number 5, post here
- I pressed some of Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder on to my t-zone with my Real Techniques Multitask brush to set my foundation


Eyes
- As always I started off with my Mac Painterly Paint Pot to help increase the staying power of eyeshadows and even out my lid colour, review here
One word for the eyeshadows- Burberry!
- I used three different Burberry Eyeshadows, first I applied Porcelain No.03 all over the lid, continued to apply Pale Barley No. 22 to the outer half of my lid, swatches and review here
- I then lined my upper lash line using Chanel Automatic Liquid Liner in brown and blended out the line with a Louise Young Ly13 brush and Burberry Midnight Brown Eyeshadow No. 21 and took whatever was left on the brush along my bottom lash line, swatches and review here
- As it was a very special occasion I curled my lashes with the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers (I don't like doing this on a daily basis as I don't want to ruin my lashes!)
- For Mascara I used a combination of the Dior DiorShow Lash Serum and Primer which I raved about here followed by the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill
- To brighten and generally help my eyes look more awake I used the Pixi Eye Bright Liner along the lower water line. This is a total life saviour as the flesh toned colour will counteract the redness in eyes and looks much more natural than a white liner

Lips 
- Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Lucky... My favourite lipgloss ever!

So there you have it, my rambly thoughts about makeup the evening before and what I actually applied the next day! What would you use? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment