Thursday, May 24, 2012


When the sun comes out it seems to be an excuse to forget about work and hang around outdoors all day (or at least indoors with big windows!) This week I've got out the SPF to protect my skin from the suns rays while also acting as a base for makeup. Apart from that I've fallen back in love with my NARS Sheer Glow foundation thanks to two of my friends raving about it reminding me how good it is! Apart from that there are some new goodies here...

Skin
- Chantecaille Ultra Sun Protection SPF 50+++ as a protecting makeup base, I think this might replace my Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse this summer but lets see! It's can be a little greasy though and takes working into the skin but I'm loving the full on sun protection that doesn't leave a white film on my face
- NARS Sheer Glow, matt faced girls like me shouldn't be put off by the word 'glow' its very light and actually quite matt for a 'glory' foundation! I love the way it lasts throughout the day on my skin too
- Une Healthy Glow Mineral Powder in HO7 - A recent discovery that was recommended by a friend (the best product are recommendations!) and it's a great colour on my skin tone. Its a great bronzer to wear in the sun as it's mineral so will let skin 'breathe' 
- To add some colour to my cheeks I used NARS Orgasm Blush (review and dupe here) which I adore - the perfect pink with a hint of peach!

Eyes
- To make sure my eyeshadow lasts in the heat I apply Mac Paint Pot in Painterly (link here) as a base 
- I then used Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in Porcelain No.03 all over the lid with a mix of Almond No.06 and Midnight Brown No.21 in the crease. Review of Burberry eyeshadows here 
- To define my eyes I used Chanel Automatic Liquid Eyeliner in Brown as it's much less harsh than using a black liner in the day
- I finished off with L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic Mascara and a layer of Anastasia Lash Genius over the mascara to make sure it didn't transfer onto my skin in the heat! (review here)

So that's what I've been wearing out and about on my skin this week! If you have any recommendations for great face sun protectors let me know I'm on the look out! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment