Wednesday, May 2, 2012


With exams on the way there's no better way of procrastination than a good pamper session    ;). Seeing as I hate people touching my feet I tend to give myself pedicures from time to time. This ritual starts with a good soak, followed by some scrubbing and ends with a lovely moisturiser to finish. Plus some useful tools in the middle. Since my feet have been in hiding throughout winter and summer is approaching (hello open toe shoes!) now is the perfect time to be indulging in a bit of feet pampering. 

To soak my feet I normally start by filling up a little tub with warm water and adding a couple of drops Aromatherapy Associates Bath and Shower Oil in Relax into the mix to get the aroma of a spa going. After letting my feet soak in the mixture for a while I then take one out and rub The Body Shop Peppermint Smoothing Pumice Foot Scrub all over my foot, it has a gel like texture which is really soothing and includes little exfoliating beads to help get rid of all that accumulated grime. Lovely! After letting that dissolve for a little bit I then go in with my trusty Boots Botanics Foot Pumice and scrub my heels, which are usually the most rough. This is quite an aggressive little tool so it gets reserved for severely bad days! I then place my foot back in the little tub and repeat these steps on the other.

The Star of the show really is this Rio Rapid Heel Smoother, a little machine which gently, and not tickling may I add, removes dead skin. There's also two different tips, one for your heel and one for around your toes. I'm constantly looking for time savers and this little machine is total genius as it does all the work for you! I found it works best on damp skin, so as I take my foot out the tub I wipe it with a towel, so it's still moist just not totally wet. As I mentioned it comes with two tips, the smaller one for toes is made for me as I can never seem to get rid of those annoying bits of skin round the nail and this helps me buff them away. This is a great little tool that I would recommend to anyone going on holiday while wanting to keep their feet looking pretty! Anyway back to the pedicure, any bits of cuticle left I then remove with a Tweezerman Cuticle Nipper. After all this exfoliating I then wash my foot a little bit, cover it in The Body Shop Hemp Foot Protector. Having my new best friend ingredient, hemp, means it's perfect for dry skin & adding in tons of moisture. For my cuticles I then take a little bit of cuticle oil, my latest favourite being Solar Oil, which I wrote about here if you fancy some extra reading :) other favourites include Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil and The Sanctuary Nail and Cuticle Oil

After this procedure, which usually takes around 10 minutes, I then pop some socks on and wait for all the oils and foot cream to absorb     :)

Hope you enjoyed this post! Do you ever give yourself pedicures? What do you use?

0 comments:

Post a Comment