Wednesday, May 23, 2012


There are often those nights where time in bed is very limited and I wake up feeling and looking very drained. I'm sure you've all been there too! Whenever I need a pick-me-up, makeup is definitely the thing thats gonna do it by helping me look a lot better!

Firstly I start with applying a primer, in this situation I would choose a really moisturising one like Laura Mercier Oil-Free Primer (link to review here) then onto foundation, which I choose depending on what time of day it is and how long I'll be going out for. In this situation probably a medium-full coverage like my lovely Dior Nude NudeSkin Foundation. To make myself look a lot more glowing and a lot less bla I mix my foundation with an liquid illuminator, my favourite has got to be Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer Skin Illuminator as its very thin and subtle. Mixing the one pump illuminator two pumps foundation on the back of my hand and slapping that on with a foundation brush for maximum coverage.
Next up, the concealer - it's got to be the big guns for these tired eye bags! Just as I like to mix my foundation with an illuminator I do the same with concealer, using Dior Skinflash in 02 followed by Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer which I love as it's super creamy but very full coverage. Onto the cheeks, there's really only one colour I'll use on a day like this and that's pink, it just has the effect of lifting the skin helping me look less tired! My pink of choice is very appropriately named Dior Rosy Glow Awakening Blush

For the eyes I'll even out my eyelid colour with Mac Painterly Paint Pot (link to review here) followed by mascara but only applied to top lashes to give the effect of lifted eyes. To brighten and widen my eyes I'll apply Pixi Eye Bright Liner along my waterline. I'll finish with a really moisturising non sticky gloss, like the By Terry Laque De Rose SPF 15

What are the products you rely on to help you look more awake?


0 comments:

Post a Comment