Saturday, May 26, 2012


Whenever my friends ask me for foundation recommendations there are two I will always mention, Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, which I raved about here, and NARS Sheer Glow. It's just one of those foundations everyone loves! First thing, don't be put off by the word 'glow'. For a girl who doesn't love a glowy finish its the perfect combination between matt and glow - doesn't make skin look shiny or greasy but has a lovely natural look about it that acts like a glow. It delivers medium coverage, even though NARS describe it as 'sheer' and can be easily buildable which I really like especially for days where I just need to slap something on! 

In terms of wear on my skin I find its about the four or five hour mark without a primer before I feel the need to slap on some powder, but usually I pair this with a mattifying primer like Givenchy Mister Matt if I'm having a long day. Probably best for combination skins like myself as I did notice it clung to a couple of dry patches on my skin. 

One really annoying thing - there isn't a pump! This means pouring the foundation onto the back of your hand and probably pouring a bit too much! At £29.50 I would expect it to include a pump but these can be bought separately from NARS for £3.00 and are worth investing in. Saying that I do like the selection of shades they carry and have found on my darker skinned friends it didn't make their skin look ashy which some foundations can do. 


Have you tried NARS Sheer Glow? Whats your favourite foundation?

0 comments:

Post a Comment