Monday, May 21, 2012

As much as I'm into beauty and keep up with the trend I find it very difficult to apply the trends I read about to my everyday makeup or hair. When reading about the pastel makeup trend my original plan was to do a full blown pastel look, so off I went, purchased some pastel eyeshadaows and had play. After my little experimentation with the shades of mint green, baby blue and pastel pink I came to the conclusion the pastel trend was not for me. The truth is, unless it's a neutral shade, it's not going on my eyelid. So pastels and I ended up meeting half way, an eyeliner pencil that I would and have actually worn out the house. A purple shade, to enhance my brown eyes by Barry M named Super Soft Eye Crayon in No.5. I absolutely love the texture of this pencil, it's very creamy, very long lasting and really blendable, with slight shimmer. As for the rest of my face I kept it pretty neutral, just the usual products here! 


Skin
- Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse - my daily favourite for a sun protecting makeup base (full review here)
- Dior Nude NudeSkin Foundation - a great daily wear as it's mineral and lasts well on my skin
- By Terry Touche Veloutee Concealer - I couldn't rave about this stuff enough! Full coverage, very light on the skin and an overall lovely texture. (Full review here)
- Nars Blush in Orgasm - A daily favourite of mine for a pink flush (post and dupe here)

Eyes
- Trish McEvoy Eye Essentials Base all over the lid to even out the skin tone
- Barry M pencil in 05 around the inner corner and bringing it round into the upper and lower lash line
- Mac Omega Eyeshadow applied with a fluffy blending brush to the crease for some definition
- Mascara is my usual favourite, Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill which I raved about in full detail here

Lips 
Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 (review here)

Have you embraced the pastel trend? What shades do you normally use on your eyes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment