Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows in Porcelain No.03, Almond No.06, Pale Barley No.22 and Midnight Brown No.21 (from left to right)
Up until a couple of months ago if you asked me what my favourite high end eyeshadow brand was I would've proclaimed, Dior. I have been in love with their eyeshadows for a while, the 5 Couleurs in particular, for the blendability, pigmentation, longevity and colour selection. However back in January I decided to purchase something that gave the Dior eyeshadows a run for their money, a Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in Midnight Brown No.21. Since my love affair for midnight brown I have picked up three more Burberry eyeshadows, Pale Barley No.22 (think Mac Patina but a lot nicer, full post here), Porcelain No.03 (a lovely light base colour) and Almond No.06

For a neutral eye girl like me the colours are so accessible, really warm wearable shades. Onto the main reason why I love these, the texture itself. What can only be described as buttery creamy these put Mac eyeshadows to shame! The rest is what you would expect from a high end eyeshadow, good lasting power and great pigmentation. I do find that using these with a primer works best though, usually I pair them with my Mac Paint Pot in Painterly (link here) for ultimate lasting power. One last thing compared to Mac Eyeshadows, the Burberry Eyeshadows cost £23 for 2.5 grams and Mac give you 1.5g for £12. So per gram Burberry is £9.20 and Mac is £8. Not so much of a difference if you think about it like that right? (Hello shopaholic mentality     );)


From Left to Right Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows in Porcelain No.03, Almond No.06, Pale Barley No.22 and Midnight Brown No.21 swatches

Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow is £23 and available from Harrods, Harvey Nichols and online. 

Have you tried Burberry Eyeshadows? Any other colours I should pick up?

Ps - the packaging is so luxurious too! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment