Thursday, June 7, 2012


Wedding season. Makeup things to consider before slapping on some products...

1. Makeup must last from when the ceremony starts (in this case 5pm) to the early hours of the morning
2. Must be photo ready hence contain no SPF or light reflective particles
3. The ultimate challenge of staying shine-free while popping to the bathroom to blot & powder as little as possible 
4. Lastly, combining makeup with the outfit (aka what these 'Beauty On Location' posts are all about!) for example, with my bold red dress I personally would not pair that with a bold red lip.... Just the (yes, you guessed it) usual smokey eye and a nudey pink lip!

In this case, being a special occasion, I do tend to prolong the getting ready process by slapping on a few extra products than usual. This look contains my favourite pieces, the ones I know will deliver & can rely on, mostly 'luxurious' little goodies I don't tend to use on a daily basis.
Eyes
Seeing as smokey eyes get a bit messy I like to do them first as to not ruin the foundation. 

- Starting with applying Mac Painterly Paint Pot all over the lid as a skin tone evener/eyeshadow primer to ensure eyeshadow lasts all night
- I used a combination of two Dior 5 Colour Eyeshadow Palettes, Grege 734 and Royal Khaki 454. If I was ever stuck on a desert island and had to choose two eyeshadow palettes to bring with me, these would be it. They cover every shade I would need as well as being amazing quality
- As well as the two Dior Eyeshadow Pallettes I used L'Oreal Colour Infallible Eyeshadow in 012 Endless Chocolate, stay tuned for more on this - it's a goodie!
- For eyeliner I used Maybeline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner and blended that out with a matt black eyeshadow and a Louise Young LY13 brush
- I coated my lashes in Dior Lash Primer & Serum (link to post here) followed by my holy grail mascara, Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill (link to post here)


Skin
- Outcome the trusty primer, the perfect one for me to keep me shine-free! Givenchy Mister Matt, aka my over 6 hour makeup saviour
- For foundation I used my trusty Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk (link to post here) for a photo ready base applied with what I call the 'Flawless Face Brush', Shu Uemura Goat 18 (link to post here)
- To conceal my horrendous dark circles I used Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch (post here) and blended that into the foundation using my Beauty Blender (link to post here)
- Down the centre of my face I set my foundation using my damp Beauty Blender and Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder (and kept the compact in my handbag for touchups!)
- To bronze up my skin and add some colour I used a matt bronzer, Guerlain Four Seasons in 01 Blondes just below my cheekbone and on my temples
- I mixed two blushers, Mac Well Dressed and Laura Mercier Lush Nectarine for some subtle colour and a girly glow

Lips
- I used a combination of L'Oreal Rouge Caresse in 501 Nude Ingenue followed by L'Oreal Glam Shine Fresh in 186 Aqua Grapefruit on top

Hair
- Done by the amazing Bruno Lotufo at Rosanno Feretti Salon, review & more information here

What products do you rely on for a party?

0 comments:

Post a Comment