Tuesday, June 5, 2012


Lip products are probably the most favoured products in my collection, a peek into any handbag of mine will tell you that! As I have never ever finished a lipstick before when I hit the bottom of my Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy I knew it was a hero. I always love having something on my lips whether it being a lipstick, gloss or balm and for some unknown reason there will always be at least three lip products in my handbag! In summer I tend to favour lighter formulas that feel weightless on the lips, sheer coverage providing a hint of colour appropriate for day time wear and something hydrating. All three of which is something the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine excels in, as well as giving a glossy yet glossless finish which I love.
One massive drawback is the lasting power, these will last an hour maximum on my lips which means a constant reapply. This is what drew me back from repurchasing them but after some thorough thought and after seeing some beautiful colours in store I indulged. The plus side of them not lasting very long is that they are perfect for the heat, as they don't feel heavy on the lips and there are no worries of them sliding around. Lipsticks like Mac tend to dry out my lips a lot which is why I pair them with Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm but the formula of the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine glides on so easily and feels almost like a balm and as I mentioned before, are very hydrating

I picked up three new colours, firstly from Chanel's Summer Collection, Summertime De Chanel, 437 Empreinte which is a gorgeous soft beige with a slight nude shimmer (you can see the rest of the collection here.) The other two were, 57 Aventure, a coraly pink with gold shimmer and 48 Evasion, a peachy nude. I love adding a little shimmer to the lips, which all the Rouge Coco Shines I picked up have, as they enhance the lips and shimmer can make them look bigger, especially in the centre. The shimmer particles are so slight, subtle and small they are hardly noticeable on the lips. 

So there is a mini-essay about my new favourite lipsticks. Chanel lipsticks are just winning for me at the moment! Any other colours I need to pick up?

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine is £24 and available from Chanel counters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment