Tuesday, June 12, 2012



I'm definitely a matt finish girl when it comes to the foundation routine, I absolutely hate looking shiny and as matt skin suits me best I always tend to lean towards matt foundations as well as set my foundation with powder. Saying that however, sometimes the matt look can appear a bit unnatural, especially in day time. Instead of totally skipping out powder I like to finish off with spraying my face with some sort of spray to get rid of that matt effect that can look a bit cakey. There are a couple of setting sprays which I've been using, some which are just classified as mists which I use to get rid of that powdery look and some that are designed to ensure makeup lasts longer.

Firstly a couple from Urban Decay, The All Nighter Setting Spray and the De-Slick Oil Control Setting Spray, both which are made by the queen of setting sprays, Skindinavia, which Makeup Artists claim to be the best of the best. Neither of them smell of anything in particular and just a couple of spritzes over the face to set makeup in place and get a balance between matt and dew. I also spritz the All Nighter Spray on my Beauty Blender Sponge (link) when I use it to set makeup with powder as opposed to using water for extra long-lasting benefits!

One I use as a toner as well as a spray is The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist which also contains rosewater (which I love) as well as smelling lovely and refreshing.


The two I turn to when I've over powdered, are Mac Fix+ and Avene Thermal Water are basically just fancy waters. Mac Fix+ claims to make makeup adhere to skin longer which I personally didn't notice any difference with but use it for those days where I've over powdered and want to take it back a notch. I wouldn't rush to repurchase it as it's basically an expensive glorified water. However the Avene Thermal Water I would as it comes in handy - especially when I'm tanning an get a bit hot      ;)

I get out a very special one in summer, the Institut Esthederm UV In Cellium which is a water spray that helps skin adapt to the sun. If you're familiar with Esthederm products you'll know all their sun care work this way of adapting the skin to the conditions which is why they are my go-to sun care brand every summer! I've also picked up a mini one for my handbag! The smell reminds me of summer too mmm

Clearly I'm a bit obsessed with setting sprays at the moment! Do you use setting sprays? Which ones are you favourite?

0 comments:

Post a Comment